Let Dancing Moon Travel make your dream trip a reality! Whatever your vacation needs, call today. We choreograph dreams! Contact [email protected] Members of CLIA; Charlotte County Chamber of Commerce
Dancing Moon Travel is a full service leisure travel agency with agents in metro Atlanta and Southwest Florida. We provide leisure travel services to clients throughout the U.S. and Canada. Save time, money & frustration when you utilize our services -- we have a strong specialty in cruise travel with all destinations and cruise lines -- all-inclusive vacations -- and European destinations. We have a major emphasis on group travel as well. Owner Pat Hand is certified as a Master Cruise Counselor and is a Certified Group Travel Specialist.
Mission: We save busy people time, money and mistakes and help them turn dream vacations into reality!
For all the moms out there! Wishing you a wonderful day!
TRAVEL TIP - I BET NO ONE DOES THIS
You are vacationing in Jamaica, Italy, France, Bahamas, Croatia, Ireland, name any country...and you are a victim of crime or you have an emergency of any kind. Do you know how to contact the police?
Before I go into ANY country, I Google numbers for the police and emergency response and put them in my phone. BE PREPARED!!
Here are the numbers for the countries noted above:
- The common European emergency number 112 is used in all member countries of the European Union
- Jamaica: Ambulance 110; Police 119. To report an emergency involving a US Citizen in Jamaica or the Caymen islands, contact the US Embassy in Kingston, Jamaica - +(876) 702-6000
- Italy: In addition to 112 the police can be contacted by dialing 113 and an ambulance 118. US citizens can report injury, illness, death or arrests by either calling the US Consulate or Embassy one of four different locations. Google US Embassies in Italy for info.
- France: In addition to 112 the police can be contacted by dialing 17 and an ambulance 15. In an emergency concerning a US Citizen call the US Embassy. Using your cell phone, hold down the 0 (zero) until + appears, then dial 220.127.116.11.22.22. Dial 0 (zero) when you hear the automated greeting.
- Bahamas: 911 or 919 for all criminal activity, serious accidents, fire and emergencies. In case of emergencies involving the death, injury, welfare, or arrest of an American citizen in The Bahamas or the Turks and Caicos Islands call (242) 322-1181
- Croatia: In addition to 112 the police can be contacted by dialing 192 and an ambulance 194. The phone number for the US Embassy in Zagreb is +385 1 661 2200
- Ireland: In addition to 112 all emergency services can be contacted by dialing 999. If you are an American citizen in need of emergency assistance call the US Embassy at 01-668-8777
The list above is only a handful. Do your homework before you travel.
Note: Pic of Polizia in Venice by Kevin Gragg - Dancing Moon Travel
THIS VERY WELL COULD BE THE MOST AMAZING PHOTO/TRAVEL ADVENTURE YOU'VE EVER BEEN ON!!
In April 2020, discover the ancient cities of Croatia along the Adriatic Coast on a 8-day cruise aboard a chartered yacht. This is on a 30-passenger yacht with over night stays in 10 different cities. You will be able to explore each city on the itinerary during the peak times for photography, including sunset and twilight. Along the way, you'll get expert photographic instruction, learn mobile workflow, and discover creative approaches to travel photography with professional photographer Jason P. Odell.
Contact Pat for info...VERY limited availability.
NOTE: Photo by Kevin Gragg (Dancing Moon Travel) - Dubrovnik, Croatia
THIS IS ONE INCREDIBLE TRAVEL MUG...I LOVE MINE!
Voted one of Amazon's customer-favorite kitchen products last month, the Contigo Autoseal West Loop Vacuum-Insulated Travel Mug is on sale right now for over 30 percent off.
The popular mug has racked up over 15,000 perfect five-star reviews from shoppers who praise it for being one of the best travel mugs they’ve ever owned. The Contigo Travel Mug can keep drinks hot up to five hours and cold up to 12 hours, plus it’s leak and spill proof thanks to its auto-seal technology. And it’s even top-shelf dishwasher safe, so it’s a breeze to clean.
I'm getting a couple more!!
"The cruise ship doesn't leave port until 4pm...just get an early flight. No need to arrive a day early"
This is the worst travel advice I've ever received.
What is the worst travel advice anyone has ever given you?
Thanks to a $250 million transformation, Royal Caribbean's once-sleepy private island retreat in the Bahamas is offering eye-opening travel amenities to its cruise passengers.
EASY MOTHERS DAY CARD
Just copy, print and give to mom
Mother's Day is Sunday
WHEN SHOULD I BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE?
In theory, you can buy a Travel Insurance plan as late as the day before you leave. However, there are many reasons why purchasing your plan early is the way to go. We suggest that you buy your Travel Insurance policy as soon as you make your initial payment towards your planned trip.
BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE EARLY -- EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE FULL TRIP PAYMENT
It is always better to buy Travel Insurance early and then add any additional expenses at a later time with a simple phone call.
Ask us about the insurance Dancing Moon Travel offers our clients...we think you'll be impressed with the coverage and low cost.
Gotta get there early!!
TRAVEL AGENTS AREN'T DEAD (At least we aren't)
Some people think the likes of Expedia and Kayak have killed the travel-agency business, but a 2018 study "The Future of U.S. Travel" showed that world travelers are using travel agents more often lately. Maybe you should, too.
If you’re just booking a domestic flight and hotel, you can probably handle this on your own. And yes, you could handle all the details of your epic European adventure, but do you really have the time for that amount of research? The Internet has become information overload.
Many travelers are under the impression that using a travel adviser will cost more. Actually, they save you money. It does not cost any more to use an agent. We make our money from our suppliers, not our clients. Our itineraries ultimately save clients time, money, and hassle. And we sometimes get special deals from properties, which we always pass on to our clients. Not to mention the 24/7 service of being able to call if something goes wrong.
And if you’re looking to book a trip for multiple people, or trying to create a travel itinerary that includes multiple destinations and activities, then a travel adviser is downright invaluable.
I entered "Cruise ships are" into a Google search and this is what came up!!!
I can't believe these are the terms people google the most. We have a lot of work to do to convince the world otherwise!!
THE FLAT EARTH CRUISE - 2020
The Flat Earth International Conference (FEIC) described the upcoming voyage as "the biggest, boldest, best adventure yet" on its website.
The goal will be to test flat Earthers' claim that the planet is a flattened disk surrounded by a towering wall of ice that holds back the oceans.
The Flat Earth Society asserts that "the evidence for a flat earth is derived from many different facets of science and philosophy."
"The simplest is by relying on one's own senses to discern the true nature of the world around us," the group states on its website. "The world looks flat, the bottoms of clouds are flat, the movement of the Sun; these are all examples of your senses telling you that we do not live on a spherical heliocentric world."
With the cruise scheduled for next year, it seems we won't have to wait much longer for a final verdict.
For anyone interested in going, give us a call. We'd be happy to quote you a "flat" rate (hehehe)
FOR THOSE COMING TO SEE ME IN IRELAND...AND ALL OTHER INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS
There’s nothing more satisfying than finding a cheap international flight, especially during the summer when prices tend to be higher. According to Hopper, an airfare forecasting app that analyzes billions of daily flight prices, there are certain international destinations where prices are expected to significantly drop later this month – in some cases, by 46 percent.
For travelers looking to travel internationally in the next few months, certain destinations are expected to see between a 29-percent and 46-percent price drop later this month. To make sure you don’t miss out, be sure to set alerts for airfare price changes on trips you want to go on. (You can do this on Hopper, Google Flights, and other flight search apps.)
PRINCESS CRUISES RAISING DAILY GRATUITIES ON MAY 21
Princess Cruises is raising the prices of their daily gratuities that are charged onboard their cruise ships.
Princess Cruises said the reason for the hike in daily gratuities was so that they can “ensure the guest service on board remains among the best in the cruise industry”.
The daily gratuity amount will increase by $1, and will be as follows:
- Interior/Oceanview/Balcony — $14.50 USD per guest, per day
- Mini suites (including Club Class) — $15.50 USD per guest, per day
- Full Suites — $16.50 USD per guest, per day
Princess went on to say that the gratuity rate increase is comparable to cruise industry standards and underlines their commitment to reward the crew for the excellent service provided to their cruise passengers.
This is the first increase in gratuities from Princess Cruises since December 2016.
LOOK AT WHAT CARNIVAL IS GIVING YOU FOR MAY!!
Contact us for a no obligation quote.
*Featured offer is subject to change without notice
MAYBE I'LL JUST GO ON A CRUISE INSTEAD...
The State Department already issues travel advisories for every country around the world, with advice on crime, terrorism, civil unrest, natural disasters, health and other potential dangers. The State Department recently announced that it was adding a new indicator to show which countries have the highest risk of kidnapping.
Here's the list of 35 countries where you're most likely to get kidnapped, according to the U.S. State Department. They are grouped by their overall level of danger and listed alphabetically.
- LEVEL 4: Most Dangerous, Do Not Travel
Central African Republic
- LEVEL 3: Reconsider Travel
Democratic Republic of the Congo
- LEVEL 2: Exercise increased caution
Papua New Guinea
Trinidad and Tobago
- LEVEL 1: Exercise normal precautions
I'm frequently asked which is my personal favorite cruise line. Here you go --
GAME OF THRONES BRINGS RECORD NUMBERS TO NORTHERN IRELAND
Record numbers of fans of the series traveled from all over the world to the North last year to visit their favorite locations from the TV show.
Top production sites included the Haunted Forest and the Kingsroad, and visitors spent an unprecedented £50 million sterling ($65 Million) in the North, estimates suggest.
New industry figures from Tourism Northern Ireland show one in every six visitors were inspired to travel in 2018 because of Game of Thrones.
I recently returned from a quick 4 night stay in Prague, Czech Republic.
It's a beautiful and very "walkable" city. It's worth adding to your list of places to see.
Three generations -- James, Jamie and Anna -- built lifetime memories on their recent Uniworld Nile River cruise. Enjoy these great photos from their trip!
ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINES
Save big on your next unforgettable island hop to the world's most captivating shores. When you book now, you'll enjoy 50% off your second guest. And bring the whole crew along, because kids sail free!! Now that's a deal everyone can get onboard with.
Contact us today...this offer expires May 7
Some of my favorite images from my recent Tauck Danube cruise.
A handful of my favorite images from my Tauck Danube cruise. Outstanding experience on every level. If you have questions about the Tauck experience, feel free to reach out. Questions welcome!
THE IRISH HAVE A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR!!
From my window I watched two Irishmen working in the park across from my house. One would dig a hole and the other would follow behind him and fill the hole in. They worked up one side of the park, then down the other, then moved on to another section, working furiously all day without rest, one man digging a hole, the other filling it in again.
I was amazed at their hard work, but couldn't understand what they were doing. So I went out and asked the hole digger, "I'm impressed by the effort you two are putting in to your work, but I don't get it - why do you dig a hole, only to have your partner follow behind and fill it up again?"
The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed, "Well, I suppose it probably looks odd but we're normally a three-person team. But today the lad who plants the trees called in sick" 🤣🤣
Space remains on my 8-day tour of Ireland in September. Come join me for some great craic (craic is a common Irish word for fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation).
MSC Cruises Teams Up With Martha Stewart on New Shore Excursions, Menus and Gift Packages
Fast becoming one of our favorite cruise lines, MSC has some great deals for Fall/Winter 2019-20
MSC Cruises Teams Up With Martha Stewart on New Shore Excursions, Menus and Gift Packages
Cruising With Jason Hartman Host of #CreatingWealth Show - Vacation and Learn From Like-Minded Investors - http://ow.ly/okN530ox0F2 - #Cuba #Jamaica #PassiveIncome #RealEstate #Investing
jasonhartman.com.via.snip.ly Join Jason Hartman and the team for our upcoming cruises featuring Meet The Masters and the Venture Alliance Mastermind.
5 THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO ON A CRUISE
1. Don't miss the ship - It's every cruiser's worst nightmare: to find yourself gazing up as your cruise ship sails off into the sunset...without you. Cruise lines run a tight ship, literally — and if you’re late, they will not wait.
2. Don't hoard food
3. Don't pack too much - I've seen people going on a 4-day cruise with 2 HUGE suitcases!! Why? Space is limited in your cabin and honestly...you really don't need to pack 5 different pairs of shoes.
4. Don't steal a sunbed - Just picture it — it’s 6am, and you hear the thunderous sound of footsteps along the corridors. A herd of elephants, you ask? No. It’s the sunbed stealers. One of the only design flaws onboard larger cruise ships is the ratio of sunbeds to passengers; sadly, there simply cannot be enough for the mammoth number of people onboard. Far too often, scheming guests will rise at the crack of dawn, place their towels down on a vacant sunbed, and "reserve" their spot for the day — even if it only receives ten minutes of use. What they don't realize: if this bad behavior is spotted, the crew will monitor you like a hawk, and your towel will not be long for this world.
5. Don't be rude to the crew - It's extremely hard work to be a cruise crewmember. Seven-day weeks, often for six months at a time — no holidays, no paid time off. Remember: politeness costs nothing. Although it may seem obvious, always remember your pleases and thank yous. Much of the crew’s work goes unnoticed; when your cabin steward makes your bed and leaves an artistic animal-shaped towel creation on top of your duvet, thank them. One of the biggest insults to staff is stiffing them on gratuity. These tips contribute directly towards their salaries; removing gratuity from your fare will only mean the crew is doing the same work for less money.
BEST SHIP FOR GROUPS
Member's Choice Awards analyzed more than 30,000 online reviews in order to determine the very best cruise ships for hosting a reunion; wedding; anniversary; birthday; social club; etc.
Book a minimum of 8 rooms with us on these ships and get special amenities and perks that are just for groups!!
Here are the Top 5:
1. Celebrity Cruises
2. Royal Caribbean
3. Holland America Line
4. Carnival Cruise Line
5. Princess Cruises
Currently in Prague. This is a picture of the Powder Tower. The Powder Tower or Powder Gate is a Gothic tower in Prague, Czech Republic. It is one of the original city gates. It separates the Old Town from the New Town.
vidmails.com Video from Patricia Hand - Dancing Moon Travel
[04/15/19] Just cannot believe that Notre Dame has suffered what appears to be catastrophic damage in a fire. What a loss to the world.
Airline Lose/Damage Your Luggage?
As a frequent traveler I just wanted to recommend a couple of luggage tips for this upcoming vacation season.
1. I ALWAYS put this note on the INSIDE of my bag. "This bag belongs to Kevin Gragg. I will be staying at the 'hotel name' in 'name location'. The phone number for this hotel is 555-555-5555". And when returning home I simply add this note, "This bag belongs to Kevin Gragg. My address is 'home address' and my telephone number is 555-555-5555"
It sounds simple but you would be amazed at the number of bags/suitcases that are lost forever because there is no form of identification to be found anywhere in the bag.
2. Everyone takes pictures of everything these days from what you are eating to multiple selfies. But have you ever taken a picture of your suitcase? I ALWAYS take a picture of the contents of my bag before I pack it. I simply lay everything out on the bed, take a quick pic...then pack it all away. I then also take another pic of the outside of my case. It helps immensely if for some reason your bag gets damaged.
Enjoy your summer travels!!!
|Monday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 18:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 12:00|
Take the stress and work out of planning your Disney vacation! Get customized park plans that make you feel like a pro and save you time and money.
I am a travel agent working under Imagine Going There Travel. I would love to help you plan your next magical Disney vacation!
Jennifer is an independent agent of Magical Moments Vacations. MMV is a Platinum Earmarked Disney Agency, Royal Caribbean Partner of the Year, and features over 200 agents nationwide.
Southern Jet management is dedicated to exceeding the standard in personal and corporate private air transportation
Worldview Travel, LLC - Seeing the World from a different point of View!
We can help you make all of your vacation wishes and dreams come true!
Join Joseph and Sue Martin as they lead choirs and musicians on exciting trips around the world. These adventures include glorious music in historic venues, exploring different cultures, making new friends, and experiencing the beauty of God's creation.
Travel Agent that can send you anywhere in the world via cruises, tours, beaches, and of course send you well prepared for Disney!
Travel & Cruise specialist with personal travel experience in over 350 ports in 110 countries and on all major cruise lines.
Full-Service Travel Planning Specialities include: Traveling with: Food Allergies, Sensory Issues,Customized Family Travel
YOUR PERSONAL TRAVEL SPECIALIST