Your home away from home while visiting the Alton, Mo area and the beautiful Eleven Point River.
[06/18/20] We have had a couple cancellations this weekend if anyone needs a cottage for their float trip.
Coronavirus policies and procedures
These new policies and procedures will remain in place until this virus is eradicated. I will try to also explain why some of the rules will change. We plan to open for Memorial Day Weekend.
1. There will be a 48 hour lag time in between guests in case any virus material is left behind, the CDC says time will help in killing off the virus. Our cleaners will wait 24 hours before entering.
2. Because of the gap between guests and increased costs in cleaning, which I will be covering soon, we will require a minimum of 2 nights for every stay. With increased costs, one night is simply not profitable.
3. There will be an extra $20 cleaning fee added to every reservation. This is a common fee for a lot of overnight lodging businesses on Air B and B, VRBO, etc. We avoided charging this fee for years, but our costs to clean the cottages is going up significantly during the time of Coronavirus.
4. Bedding: We will provide sheets and a minimum number of pillows. We are getting rid of all throw pillows. YOU WILL NEED TO BRING ANY BLANKETS OR COMFORTERS YOU WANT BEYOND JUST SHEETS.
5. Upon checking out, please put bagged trash in the carport.
6. Please strip beds that were used and put sheets and towels by the washer.
7. To minimize contact, the evening before coming to Alton, we will encourage you to call and pay over the phone and we will make arrangements for you to get the keys.
8. We also ask that we have groups no bigger than 10 people and please refrain from inviting guests over to the cottages who are not staying there. CDC advises against groups larger than 10 people and we want to honor that.
Here are some of the changes we are making that will increase the cleaning times and our costs.
1. We will wait 24 hours before entering upon your checking out to protect workers.
2. All hard surfaces will be washed with soap and water and then wiped down with a cleaning product rated to kill as much virus as possible.
3. We will need to wipe down every door knob, every handle (stoves handle, washer/drier, remote controls and every place we can think of where people might have touched with their hands. This will take a LOT OF TIME in a house.
4. Of course we will be going through lots of gloves, wearing masks and aprons.
5. We will be wiping all the furniture with disinfectant.
6. You will have about 24 hours from the time we finish cleaning before you enter, for your protection.
Thank you for your cooperation!
The down time created by Covid 19 gave me time to start a pay pal account for the cottages for anyone wanting to get a gift certificate. You need to contact me to let me know for how many nights and the number of people and I will get you a total and you will be able to pay via our pay pal link. contact me via private message or email at [email protected]. I will also need your email to send you a gift certificate you can use to book the dates after we reopen. https://paypal.me/elevenpointcottages?locale.x=en_US
paypal.me Go to paypal.me/elevenpointcottages and type in the amount. Since it’s PayPal, it's easy and secure. Don’t have a PayPal account? No worries.
[03/20/20] Hey folks, due to the Covid 19 virus, our cottages are empty until the first part of April. As April approaches I will be evaluating where we, as a country, are standing in relation to this situation. I will start to call people to discuss the situation and where we are in regard to being open as April gets closer. In the meantime, feel free to all me with questions at 417 270 2497.
[02/17/20] I have gotten rid of our land line, because it is proving to be a waste of money. 90% of my calls already come to my cell. Please make note that my cell is 417 270 2497.
[06/25/19] Jut had a cancellation for the Cotton Cottage this weekend if anyone is interested. 417 270 2497.
We have a had a rare cancellation for the Rose and Cotton cottages over Memorial Day weekend. They are normally booked in perpetuity for that weekend by the same people, so this is the first time they have come open over the holiday. Give us a call to book one at 417 270 2497 or 417 270 0801. Web
Eleven Point River Cottages ~ a perfect point to Start
[03/25/19] We have had a cancellation for this weekend for the Newman Cottage, so if you need a place to stay, give us a holler at 417 270 2497.
[03/05/19] We have added wifi to the Cotton and Ivy cottages. We already had wifi in the Rose and Newman. So now, no matter which cottage you rent, there is wifi!
[02/11/19] Hey folks, springtime and the busy float season will be here before you know it. Now would be a good time to start thinking about booking a cottage for your Eleven Point River adventure. 417-270-2497.
[08/10/18] Last minute openings for this weekend. Ivy cottage open tonight and Sat and Newman cottage open Sat and Sun. 417-270-2497 or 0801 to reserve.
We still have one cottage open this weekend. Give us a call if you need a place to stay. Having AC when you get off the river in 95 degree heat would be nice, don't you think?
We have had a cancellation on the Rose and Ivy cottages this weekend, the 29th and 30th. We also have some openings this week. Give us a call at 417-270-2497 or 0801 if visiting the 11 Point or Alton, Mo area.
Starting on May 1, 2018, guests of the Eleven Point Cottages will have free access to a gym. We have joined Insane Gainz gym on the town square for use by our guests. Access is 24/7 and it has all the equipment our more health oriented guests might need. https://www.facebook.com/InsaneGainzLLC/
Finished Ivy cottage living room. New floor, got rid of drapes and put up new mini blinds, and reorganized the furniture.
Ivy cottage floor finished.
Getting some fresh paint work done in the Ivy cottage before spring and the visitors it brings, arrives
[01/19/18] Though still under construction, here is a link to our web page. Pictures are still missing and a couple pages still need content, but you can get some of the basic info here now. www.elevenpointcottages.com
Starting tomorrow, it appears we are in for a bit of a warm up. The forecast is looking to be highs in the 40s and 5os for a while. Might be a good chance to get out and chase a few
trout. You could also come and do a little floating or hiking. I can get you out in my drift boat for a little guiding or rent you a cottage if you want to do something on your own. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/mo/alton/65606…
wunderground.com Weather Underground provides local & long range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.
Got out and guided brothers Brian and Jeff on 12/29/17 and the fishing was good. Thankfully, we got a little bit of a respite from the bitterly cold weather of late. After fighting frozen guides in the morning, it warmed up to 40 degrees. The trout were hitting marabou jigs fished under an indicator way better than anything else we tried, though we didn't try too much else because it was working so well. Also caught was a smallmouth, pickerel and hog sucker. We had great day and the company was wonderful. By the way, we saw absolutely no one else on the river all day, though we did see lots of eagles. www.elevenpointflyfishing.com
elevenpointflyfishing.com default description
Just a thought, I was out guiding on the 11 Point the last couple of days and the weather was beautiful. We are expecting this weather to continue through the weekend. Highs in the 60's everyday. On the 2 days I was out there, we saw 1 canoe. Now, I certainly didn't expect to see lots of people, but only 1 other canoe was surprising given the nice weather. What I am saying is you might want to take advantage of this nice weather to go floating, hiking, fishing or just drive around and look at different springs while the weather is still nice. Give us a call at 417-270-2497.
Stayed fairly busy through Nov guiding and now I have plenty of openings for Dec. Also, if you want to surprise someone with a guided fly fishing trip on the 11 Point for Christmas, give me a call to arrange a gift certificate at 417-270-2497. www.elevenpointflyfishing.com I know someplace you could stay for your guide trip!
elevenpointflyfishing.com default description
[11/10/17] Had last minute cottage openings for this weekend. Any hunters, fishermen or floaters needing a place, call 417 270 2497.
I have made some updates to my fly fishing guide site and added a blog, that I hope to update regularly in the future.
It is not fully finished, but I got my site for guiding up and will polish it up over the next few days. www.elevenpointflyfishing.com
[10/09/17] Our land line phone number is 417-778-1733 and my cell is 417-270-2497. Please give us a call to book a cottage.
Eleven Point Cottages
Eleven Point Cottages's cover photo
Mark Twain Lodging is the perfect place to stay for a quiet getaway! We are located very close the the Eleven Point River. Log cabins for rent nightly.